Community enCompass is looking for passionate, creative, community minded individuals to join our AmeriCorps VISTA team. As an AmeriCorps VISTA you will have the opportunity to make a tangible difference while giving back to the community. Positions available are Volunteer Coordinator, Youth Empowerment Program (YEP) Coordinator, Nelson Neighborhood Blight Fight and Revitalization Coordinators. Position descriptions are attached.
AmeriCorps VISTA is a FULL-TIME service opportunity with a regular weekly schedule along with availability on nights and weekends. Members receive a modest living allowance, health coverage, childcare if needed, and other benefits. After successful completion of a Year of service, members can choose to receive a Segal Education Award or post-service stipend.
The positions we are filling are: (click them for full descriptions)
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Nelson Housing Revitalization Coordinator
- Nelson Revitalization & Blight Fight Coordinator
- Youth Empowerment Project Coordinator
To apply for the Volunteer Coordinator, Nelson Housing Revitalization Coordinator, or Nelson Revitalization & Blight Fight Coordinator click here. To apply for the Youth Empowerment Project Coordinator click here.
- H.S. diploma or GED (Some college is preferred)
- At least 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. National or lawful permanent resident alien
- 1 yr. commitment (November 3, 2015 - November 5, 2016)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
If you are interested in applying for this position visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista to learn more about the application process and to create an online VISTA Profile. For assistance applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org or 231.728.3117.